The Centre assists young readers as well as professionals who work with young people: librarians, teachers, psychologists, sociologists, lawyers in need of systematic information about both the processes going on among young people and the state young people's policy.
Young people can get information about:
- Education: professions and occupations, orientation centers, educational institutions in Russia, courses, entry exams and rules, and education laws.
- Employment: employment agencies, information about professions that are currently in demand.
- Rights and social welfare: social institutions, medical institutions, state organs and organizations that help people in difficult situations.
- Military service.
The Centre has a special resource for librarians and other professionals who work with young people Young People of Russia E-Library. This collection has:
- a full-text database of retro books;
- a database of abstracts of articles from periodicals (since 2009);
- a bibliographical database of retro books (mid-19th century to the 1940s);
- a database of normative documents (Russian, international, and foreign);
- filmstrips on young people's issues released between the 1960s and the early 1990s.
To ensure access to information about the state's young people's policy, the Centre maintains a web page with news, a catalogue of young people's organizations, a catalogue of young people's web portals, and a constantly updated section about the changes in federal laws in relation to young people's rights and obligations.
Since 2009 the Centre publishes an annual collection of abstracts of articles from periodicals called «Young People of Russia», which includes the most relevant materials of the year.
The Centre's staff speak at conferences and seminars, and contribute to professional press.
Ms. Olga Kuzmina
+7 (499) 161-41-47